Our volunteers are the backbone of what we do. Without them we don't have the ability to take care of all of our rescue cats. While most of the work is relatively easy, it does not make it less important. If you are interested in volunteering at The Catcade please send us an email. We will add you to our volunteer mailing list.
We are currently looking for volunteers for weekday afternoon shifts
Monday / Tuesday - 12pm-4pm
Thursday / Friday - 11am-3pm
Here’s what you need to know:
- We do not need a resume.
We don’t care if you are a student, work at Taco Bell, or are a doctor. As long as you have a larger than normal obsession with cats and are a reasonable and rational human then you have what we are looking for.
- No experience preferred, but not necessary.
Every rescue is different. We don’t need sassy pants people coming in telling us, “Well, so and so did this differently.”
- Understand that each volunteer shift you accept will be a minimum of 4 hours.
- We are not your bosses.
We know you are graciously donating your time to the cats. You will have duties like scooping poops, feeding, sweeping, and answering any questions our guests may have. Otherwise, spend the rest of the time loving cats or staring at your Instagram.
- Please include links to your social media so we can creep on you.
“Dude. That’s weird.”
Maybe, but we need to know you’re not into some sketchy or uncool shit.
- We will never accept racist, sexist, or homophobic volunteers. We are accepting of everyone and we don’t need people coming in with hate, stress, or bad vibes. Just be cool and chill. It’s about the cats, man. The cats.
- Oh, and it would be rad if you were over 18 and live in Chicago proper. While we prefer locals, we will allow for drop-ins for those visiting. But #1-6 still apply. Must be 18+.
- One person allowed per volunteer shift. It is rare we ever need more than one volunteer at a time.
We have a small space and cannot accommodate more than one volunteer along with our staff during any given shift. So we would not be able to allow parents with underage kids to volunteer together because it would be too crowded.
- You cool with that?
Just send us an email with a solid paragraph telling us what we should know about you, how you heard about us, and your favorite pop punk record.